What are chemical peels?
Chemical peels are a great way to improve the tone, texture, and blemishes of the skin. The procedure will brighten your complexion and exfoliate the skin as it removes the dead and damaged surface. A chemical peel is easy to fit into a busy schedule since there is no downtime needed for mild or medium peels.
There are three kinds of chemical peels to choose from:
- Mild Peels – used to smooth and brighten skin, while also addressing dryness, acne, fine wrinkles, and uneven pigmentation. Repeat treatments may be necessary to maintain results.
- Medium Peels – used for fine wrinkles, blemishes, and pigment issues. This is the preferred treatment for darker skin tones and could require more than one treatment to maintain results.
- Deep Peels – used for targeting facial wrinkles, severe sun damage, and pre-cancerous growths. Due to the extensiveness of this procedure, some recovery time is needed.
Peels can be applied to the entire face or in specific areas. At Stay Beautiful Medspa, we offer Jessner’s Peel, VI Peels, AHA peels, and BHA peels.
What is Jessner’s Peel?
The traditional Jessner’s Peel uses equal parts resorcinol, lactic and salicylic acids of 15%. It is the preferred peeling agent for oily, acne-prone skin because of its safety. Jessner’s is well tolerated in all skin types and tones with proper skin preparation. The combination of salicylic, lactic, and resorcinol create a powerful reaction in the skin to help clear out pores and create medium skin sloughing. Sloughing is shedding of the skin and is a desired outcome of the Jessner peel. Recipients of this peel typically will start to shed and flake between days 2-4 and will finish in 6-7 days.
What are VI Peels?
The VI Peel is an excellent option for those looking to fight off the aging process. Over time, your skin will become lax, pigmented, and rough. Sun exposure and environmental factors often accelerate the look of aging skin. Even though aging is inevitable, the VI Peel can provide you with amazing results in as little as 7 days. This treatment is specifically formulated to rejuvenate your skin and prevent future damage.
We also provide different boosters to the VI peel, including:
- Precision – formulated with the same synergistic blend of ingredients as the VI Peel, but at a higher concentration. For when you need an extra boost!
- Precision Plus – used to treat sun spots and pigmented skin. This treatment can help restore the skin tone you deserve.
- Purify – used to treat acne-prone skin. This treatment is specifically formulated to kill p.acnes bacteria and clear out dead cells to open your pores.
- Purify with Precision Plus – used to treat acne scars and skin damage. This treatment helps smooth skin texture and repair scars. It can also brighten dark areas left after an acne scar fades.
Before and after photos
What are AHA and BHA peels?
AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) and BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid) peels differ in their lipid (oil) solubility. AHAs are water soluble and BHAs are oil soluble. BHAs are able to penetrate deeper into pores, which contains sebum and helps to control exfoliation of dead skin cells that build up. When choosing between these two acids, we will take your skin’s condition, thickness, past UV exposure, and ability to have downtime into our decision-making process.
Chemical peel recovery
You may be wondering, are chemical peels safe? And yes, the staff at Stay Beautiful Medspa will ensure that you have a safe recovery process. After your peel, you may experience some redness, stinging and flaking of the skin. These symptoms will be similar to those of a deep sunburn. Although these chemicals won’t bleach your skin, you may see some color changes. We recommend avoiding the sun and the use of sunblock for several months to protect that fresh new layer of skin.
Request peels in Woburn, Massachusetts
To find out which peel can give you amazing results, schedule a complimentary consultation at Stay Beautiful Medspa in Woburn. During your free consultation, we will discuss your aesthetic goals and create a custom treatment plan just for you. Request an appointment online or give us a call at (978) 203-0172 to get started.